Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
H-pylori
nic14120 posted:
I had a positive bloodtest for h-pylori. I am currently taking the triple treatment and pray it kills it off! I am concerned that I have it to my 6 yr old and 2 yr old. I am going to be doing a stool sample, and asked that my husband be tested. Anyone have this and in turn pass it to their children? Or have it and the kids were negative?

Stretchone1 responded:
I had this recently and my wife and son were also tested they tested negative my Dr believed that a lot of people have this but because I take a PPI for acid reflux allowed the h pylori to overtake my good gut flora Take a look at Healthboard.com and search Hpylori good luck

welcomefriend replied to Stretchone1's response:

The following will require weeks, if not months, of patience, perseverance and practice. Desired results may come after a long time.

Suggestions-
1. Totally avoid processed or packed or canned food. Avoid eating out. Eat home-made foods as much as possible.
2. Avoid sugar, candies, chocolates, spicy, fatty or sweet foods.
3. Try to avoid lying at least 1 hour after a meal.
4. Try to avoid positions like crouching and bending forward for a long time which puts pressure on your stomach or abdomen.
5. Avoid wearing tight-fitting lower body garments which puts pressure on your belly.
6. Practice sleeping on your sides, not lying on your back.
7. Drink sufficient amount of plain water. Avoid other types of beverages including fruit juices and if possible, eat whole fruits.
8. Moderate open air free-hand exercise and walking.
9. Try to remain in open fresh air and sunlight for some time daily.
10. Chew and chew your food thoroughly. Continue chewing food until there is nothing left in your mouth. This will at least double your eating time. So adjust your daily time-table accordingly.
11. A hard and stiff abdomen often causes stress, strain and digestive disorders like ibs, indigestion, bloating, flatulence, chronic constipation or diarrhea etc.
Hence ideally our belly should be small, soft, tender, yet, at the same time strong, supple and flexible to support our body. This may sound absurd. But I assure you that it is very much possible. Anyone, with a little bit of practice and patience, can make it happen himself.
If we observe the breathing pattern of infants and young children. we will find that usually their breathing is relaxed and effortless. Their chest do not move much, rather their chest and belly gently move up and down simultaneously during breathing. Whereas we usually breathe moving only our chest and shoulder while our belly remains more or less static or stiff.
No, I am not talking about so-called "abdominal breathing" in which, the chest is forcibly kept still and only the abdomen moves. I am telling about "normal" breathing involving simultaneous effortless movements of chest and abdomen.
So our target will be to very slowly involve our belly to move while breathing and to gradually reduce stress on our chest and shoulders. The most important thing is proceed slow but steady. Never apply any force or pressure during this process. Be patient and wait for results to come automatically.
At beginning, by put your palm of your hand on your belly and observe whether your belly is soft and tender, or stiff and hard; whether it is moving up and down in breathing or remains static and fixed. Do not try to keep your chest still. Allow it to move on its own. Then try to relax your whole body, particularly your abdomen, chest and shoulders. Do not use force to push up or down your belly. Do not unnecessarily try to take deep inhale or deep exhale. Rather just watch your breathing. Keep focus on your belly. Feel your belly. Just observe your breathing pattern and relax. Keep in mind the target- that ultimately the stress on your chest and shoulders will be reduced and your chest and belly will smoothly and automatically move up and down together in breathing. Such movements will be not big or heavy, rather small, quiet and easy.
Also observe closely the breathing patterns of people around you. After some time, you yourself will be able to find out who is breathing normally and healthily, and who is not.
Gradually and slowly, after months of practice, your belly will start to move automatically together with your chest while you inhale and exhale. You will enjoy it. Your body and mind will get multiple benefits. It is worth trying for at least a couple of months.
Let us hope for the best. Good wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old. This past Monday (10/4/2010) was the first time I have experienced upper abdominal pain at night. It seems to be worse at nigh...More

Helpful Tips

Answer to Burping Belching , acid, anxiety, gasping for air
I think I have finally found the answer to this issue of waking up gasping for air. I have been experiencing this for years and found the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.