Skip to content
Lower abdominal pain
An_253136 posted:
I have suffered with extreme acid reflux for a couple of years now. I have had to take medications on and off. Three weeks ago I started having a dull aching pain in my lower abdomen. I went to the doctor this week and she ruled out female problems and my blood work came back normal. She mentioned that it could be due to my acid reflux, instead of the acid coming up my esophagus it could go into my intestines/colon. She said my pain is in my colon. Every time I eat the pain gets worse. I don't have diarrhea but I have bloating, pain and occasionally nausea. Have any of you heard of anything like this?

Stretchone1 responded:
I have never heard of this you might try posting if you don't get a answer on healthboard.com

SD111 responded:
Yes, I've heard of it.

I also have the lower abdominal pain (left side) periodically. It is interesting to see a reason for it as my GI just reported that it is caused by GERD.

I also have pain in my upper left back, lower left back, and upper left arm; all strong correlation with reflux. Shocking really. My digestion has been affected as well as immune system (itchy around collar bone). I do not have stomach pain or heartburn.

Now to figure out how to turn it off. I have been on TECTA 40mg twice daily with little to no relief. Have you found anything that helps?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

ACIDIC STOMACH/DYSPEPSIA/HYPER ACIDITY/STOMACH PROBLEMS
I have resolved this complex issue. please read here: ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.