Skip to content
Constant chest pain
Sselvidge posted:
I have had heartburn since I was 15. I am 23 now. I have been to a doctor and he didn't do many tests but mentioned I may have gerd. I get heartburn from water it seems and it doesn't matter what I eat/drink or what time of the day it is. My doctor only did a hidascan to check my gall bladder and I was fine. He kept telling me it is probably just in my head but I know that can not be true. I take prevacid daily and started taking probiotics to help with the stomach cramps. I get sick after eating and I have stomach pains that sometimes make me want to rip my stomach out. Some days I feel like nothing will help. I take alka seltzer like its going out of style and zantac daily. I don't know what else to do besides finding a better doctor.
sirving responded:
I have a lot of chest pain and chest pressure with GERDS too. eI usually take some Tylenol for it. Not that its the best over the counter pain reliever but we are not suppose to have the NSAIDS meds which is just about everything else. I hate your are having this problem so young. I am 35 and feel that I am too young to have to live this way. yes u may need to find a better dr. if your dr is not taking you seriously. they first tried to tell me my problem was anxiety. When I clearly knew that was not the case. You know your and body and you clearly know its doing something different. I see the post is 3 months old so I hope you have found a solution. if you have please share it here for others, we are all in the same boat here.

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.