Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

I'm having chest pressure & did not know it could be GERD.
khunt71 posted:
I have been experiencing chest pressure for a few weeks now. It got so bad that I ended up in the ER. After an EKG, chest xray & blood work, I was told it is GERD. Can this be true? I do not have any other symptoms but the pressure right in the middle of my chest. What can I do to relieve this feeling?
sirving responded:
Chest pressure (my chest just be feeling heavy like a stack of books sitting on it) is one of the symptoms of GERDS. I was diagnoses with in Aug this year myself. I found anything myself that relieves the chest pressure. I believe (my opinion) that it is congestion in the chest. The acid produces mucus and if you smoke its probable even worse because it builds mucus too. I try to take something to thin the mucus which usually takes a few days to get some relief. but is always seem to come back. I see the post here is 2 months old but I just joined here, but if u have found a remedy for chest pressure please share it. Drink plenty of fluids to thin mucus even if you feel know signs of being sick. Pineapple juice, carrot juice, and grapefruit juice are all good juices to help with that but they are not quick fixes.
khunt71 responded:
Thanks I will try that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

Spasm relief
I have been getting these spasms for a few years. Doctors appear not to have many answers. I have been through many test including nuclear ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.