Skip to content
New to this and Suffer from same chest pain
JohnK78 posted:
Started the chest pains about 2 weeks ago. Went to doc and stated was inflamation of the ribs. Got light headed, sweating, felt like I was going to vomit, and the chest pain. Went to ER said is was possible Acid Reflux. Now 3 days later still have chest pain, on Nexium with no change. EKG, blood tests and stress test all came back negative for heart condition/problem. I just want the pain to stop, I'm 35, in the military and the clinic on base is no help, they just keep saying, go to the ER if you experience problems. Need guidance as these pains are scaring not only me, but my wife as well.

sirving responded:
I have GERDS (and acid reflux are the same thing) and I also experience pain in the chest to the back and across the shoulders. I use to run back and forth to the ER but they never do anything to help. I only go now only when the pain persist for to long and I cant get control of it. I actually don't go for the help because I no they are going to say its nothing after running the ECG/ EKG. I go because I be scared and if im there and something happen at least im where I can get some help. Yes this is very scary as chest pain can be a sign of many types of problems. I am also 35 yrs old and we are both too young for this condition. I have started eating a more plant based diet. Maybe you should too. Cant say it stops it the chest pain as I am going through it right now typing this. But hopefully over time it will help the overall health

tenaliram replied to sirving's response:
dear I am doing survey on peoples having gerd / heartburn / hyperacidity problem i will be thankfull if you mail me the details on my address antidiabetic@rediffmail.com

tenaliram replied to sirving's response:
Dear Sirving, If you believe on nature o-pathy, I would like to suggest that, you continue with your doctor's advice but why can't you have a mixture of 50=100 gm yogurt and well cooked boiled rice early morning after fresh. If your regularly takes tea or coffee please avoid till afternoon.
Try this and report to me with details. I also would like to see the report and advice of your doc.

tenaliram responded:
just observe first if you have any heartburn or hyperacidity.

stellagonzalez responded:
OMG so sad to hear this, try to do some sort of medication or yoga. I hope it will work, just pray for your good health.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old. This past Monday (10/4/2010) was the first time I have experienced upper abdominal pain at night. It seems to be worse at nigh...More

Helpful Tips

ACIDIC STOMACH/DYSPEPSIA/HYPER ACIDITY/STOMACH PROBLEMS
I have resolved this complex issue. please read here: ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.