Skip to content
Back Pain with GERD
LindaPA posted:
Dr recently diagnosed me with GERD. Gave me an acid blocker once a day. I still get heavy feeling on chest. Had all the heart test and was cleared. Does anyone get pain in back (across shoulder blade). This happens when I lay down or sit down but seems to relieve some when Imove.

sirving responded:
I have GERDS and hiatal hernia. Yes I do get the chest pain that seems to go all the way through to my back and across my shoulders. I either take some Tylenol and in cases where it seems to last to long or can't get it to stop I will go to the ER. But once I go there the ECG/EKG always come out with no problems and they just send you back home maybe with a pain prescription. I think its just a part of GERDS but I do know its very scary.

Helpful Tips

How I relieved my Chest Pain (GERD, Acid Reflux, Heartburn)
For those who don't want to read, just scroll all the way down to see how I relieved my severe chest pain. Then, you can read the rest of ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.