Skip to content
CT shows gas in biliary tree
multitasker posted:
CT shows gas in biliary tree Have you had this, and what does it imply?

Could my post Whipple surgery reconfiguration be a cause or could there be an issue with that? The report said everything looked as it should look for a person who has had that surgery.

I keep having bouts of intense pain that comes out of the blue, either suddenly (after taking a daily medication) or gradually. It can be disabling and has caused me to miss work, so I decided to see if I could get some help with it. I have been diagnosed with reflux, but this feels like something more or something different. The pain is epigastric, mid-abdomen, and especially right below/beneath the right ribs. The pain can go through to the center of my back and wraps around my side from the right rib area.

I had an upper GI and colonoscopy Dec 5th. Lesions were noted, and on a severity scale of 1-10 (I asked) they are a 1 or 2. 2 weeks ago I had another bout of this intense pain, was immediately fatigued, became dehydrated quickly, my stool was yellow from the 3rd day to the 12th and I had diarrhea for about 2 days. The epigastric pain was constant this time and while I had no appetite, I was drinking water to try to get hydrated again. Even water caused the epigastric and rib area pain to worsen. I had labs done on the 4th day and amylase and lipase were normal as were the other labs. I had a CT a week ago that shows gas in the biliary tree, or Pneumobilia and it isn't something a normal healthy person has, according the research I've done.

I'm seeing a new GI doc at the end of March and I wonder what to expect or what more I can offer about my experience. I don't want to be written off as anxious, as my anxiety is completely under control, or as 'just' GERD/reflux because it isn't heartburn pain and I can't relate it to something I eat or drink.

I don't smoke, drink, eat salty or sweet junk food, fried foods, or drink coffee or soda.

I really want to know what's going on and particularly I want to be able to manage it, and to stop having it affect my work and my work attendance.

Any comments/suggestions/feedback is greatly welcome! Thank you in advance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

What are the causes of heartburn(acidity) and what is it treated?
Acidity very common condition, which is usually not worth the anxiety, but some people suffer from it permanently, has become a serious ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.