Skip to content
Phlegm anyone? :)
lintrollerqueen posted:
Do others suffer from an excess of phlegm as a result of GERD?

search32 responded:
My Husband has had this for over a year now . He also has a sliding hiatal hernia. No medication has seem to help , but it has helped since he changed his food intake . He really thinks he has what they call the Silent reflux or LPR .. You may want to Google it and read up on it .

heart1221 responded:
I use to suffer but not any more, watch what you eat, I know its hard to deal with gerd. my doctor told me, nothing acidity, tomatoe sauce, certain spices/ I avoid eating sometimes, I can't really eat too much of anything, I have burgers on potatoe roll. macaroni and cheese potatoes mashed and I don't know if you know this but salt is bad for a lot of people. I use salt substitute and like it better than salt, the only thing I use on food,

search32 replied to heart1221's response:
Do you cough up mucus with your reflux ? We just do not know what to do for my husband . He does not have the normal Gerd problems such as the burning and hurting in the chest like the normal Gerd , but he just is constantly coughing up mucus . One Dr . thought it maybe LPR Reflux or Silent Reflux . He does watch what he eats and it does seem that breads and sweets do agitate it . Also he use to drink diet coke and coffee and now cannot do that anymore . The decaf tea does not seem to bother him . We do not add salt to anything but I do use the garlic and herb seasoning a lot . He has been eating chips tho unless that could be adding to his problem because they are salty .

lintrollerqueen replied to search32's response:
Thank you! I'll definitely look this up

lintrollerqueen replied to heart1221's response:
Thanks!

lintrollerqueen replied to search32's response:
Thank you. Oddly, I never seem to experience normal reflux. I never have heart burn and such. But I get a choking sensation that turns out to be phlegm that I have to gag up - yuk. Last week I had a procedure that widened some of my esophagus and they injected Botox into the lower esoph. sphincter. That has really helped with being able to eat but the phlegm is still an issue.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.