Skip to content
Symptoms of Silent Reflux or Allergies?
dave427 posted:
Hello,

For the past few weeks now, I've been having some strange (and scary) symptoms. They mainly occur after I eat, especially in the evening (between 7-8 PM). The main symptoms are:

1. Feeling of a lump in my throat whenever I swallow.
2. Feeling of forced coughing/hacking or clearing of the throat, with lightheadedness and sometimes nausea (though I rarely throw up).
3. Heat throughout the body, especially neck/face.
4. Tingling in my stomach, hands/feet, and face, as if they were asleep.
5. Excessive gas; seem to pass gas/burp much more often. This helps relieve the symptoms a little bit.

The symptoms usually last for an hour or two, gradually lessening in severity. If I put a cold towel on my face/neck or take a shower, it helps, but not for long.

I've been to my doctor and he has done some blood tests, confirming it's not anemia or an iron deficiency; everything from the tests he did looks like I'm healthy. I've been taking Omeprazole for about a week and I'm not sure if it's working; I'm still having the symptoms, but they're not quite as severe. I also tried a gas reducer, but that had little effect. Haven't tried any other antacids or digestive medication.

Any advice? Are there any tests I should go back to my doctor with? Thanks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and natural health enthusiasts. Enjoy learning new stuffs and share with people. My website :

Helpful Tips

Treat Gerds/ acid reflux naturally
I have this condition and it is getting worse by the day. After searching on the internet for natural alternatives to medicines, i found ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.