Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nausea and rapid heart rate
An_256778 posted:
I have a history of GERD, IBS, and anxiety/Panic disorders. Lately I have been having this gnawing/burning feeling in the pit of my stomach. I do eat a lot of peppermint altoids (about 1 to 2 tins a day). I also take tums and nauzene as well. This morning I woke up and just laid in bed for a moment. When I got up and started making my way to the bathroom to urinate, I got bad nausea and my heart started pounding and racing (102bpm) and my chest felt tight like when you get bronchitis (the congestion feeling). I still get the weird heart palpatations and now I feel real tired. About 3 weeks ago I was seen at the ER and they did an EKG and it checked out fine. My heart rate was a little high but that was because of my anxiety. They did diagnose me with Acute UTI. I have been dealing with the anxiety for nearly 2 years now. I can't go see a regular doctor as I have no money and I don't qualify for help (no job either) But this is scaring me. I do have a fear of nausea and stuff. I guess I could qualify as a hypercondriact. Also, at times my stomach feels like it is raw. At the pit of the stomach. I did have diverticulitis back in the 90s. I am a 33 year old female. 5'5 1/2" and 140 pounds. I was 182 when I first got anxiety but going on and off without eating 140 is my new weight. What is going on with me?

gentle_soul responded:
You should be tested for H-pylori. You seem to have all the symptoms. If this is the case, you will take two or more antibiotics at one time along with an ppi, Nexium or something else. So many people are dealing with this now and it is transferable from one person to the next.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Beth Anderson. This is a photo of my with my daughter Katie who was born in 1990. Her GERD was diagnosed when she was three days old. Mine...More

Helpful Tips

Treat Gerds/ acid reflux naturally
I have this condition and it is getting worse by the day. After searching on the internet for natural alternatives to medicines, i found ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.