Skip to content
Endoscopy normal, still severe pain
elle8686 posted:
I had an endoscopy last week and the doctor said everything looked normal. He even wrote "no worries" on the findings sheet. He took some biopsies and said if anything is positive he would call. I had an h pylori infection in April but took a breath test and tested negative, so that was eradicated.

Since having h pylori I have struggled with heartburn and acid reflux - feeling like something is stuck in my throat, pain behind my left breast bone, acid shooting up, ear pain, throat pain, hoarseness of breath, chest tightening and feeling like something is stabbing me. Everything I eat hurts. The pain lasts 24 hours a day, no relief.

I was on omperazole, 20 mg, and had some weeks where I was feeling better. Thought I was cured. Then a few weeks later, intense pain starts up again for days. I had to go off the PPI for the endoscopy and was in a lot of pain but eventually it went away. About a week before and the day of my endoscopy, I felt totally fine, thought heartburn and acid reflux was gone forever.

This past weekend I had a dinner with a lot of triggering food that I think may have aggravated my throat again. I started taking tecta (pantaprozle) 40 mg two days ago but it hasn't worked yet at all. I have a constant stabbing pain in my chest at every moment of every day.

When willl this go away? What should I do from here?

suzheart10 responded:
sorry to hear but glad im not lone, i have the same and on meds too, sometimes they work some times not. goes away for weeks not a sign then bam its back real bad. chest pain, feeling as something stuck in throat, breathing is hard sometimes mainly when working out ike doing squats but can ride stationary bike i read once on here before that someone had the same issue that working out was hard for them too with acid reflux . been through all kinds of test docs, er,. Im so tired of this, trying to change my eating habits. wish you the best

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.