Skip to content
Endoscopy normal, still severe pain
elle8686 posted:
I had an endoscopy last week and the doctor said everything looked normal. He even wrote "no worries" on the findings sheet. He took some biopsies and said if anything is positive he would call. I had an h pylori infection in April but took a breath test and tested negative, so that was eradicated.

Since having h pylori I have struggled with heartburn and acid reflux - feeling like something is stuck in my throat, pain behind my left breast bone, acid shooting up, ear pain, throat pain, hoarseness of breath, chest tightening and feeling like something is stabbing me. Everything I eat hurts. The pain lasts 24 hours a day, no relief.

I was on omperazole, 20 mg, and had some weeks where I was feeling better. Thought I was cured. Then a few weeks later, intense pain starts up again for days. I had to go off the PPI for the endoscopy and was in a lot of pain but eventually it went away. About a week before and the day of my endoscopy, I felt totally fine, thought heartburn and acid reflux was gone forever.

This past weekend I had a dinner with a lot of triggering food that I think may have aggravated my throat again. I started taking tecta (pantaprozle) 40 mg two days ago but it hasn't worked yet at all. I have a constant stabbing pain in my chest at every moment of every day.

When willl this go away? What should I do from here?

suzheart10 responded:
sorry to hear but glad im not lone, i have the same and on meds too, sometimes they work some times not. goes away for weeks not a sign then bam its back real bad. chest pain, feeling as something stuck in throat, breathing is hard sometimes mainly when working out ike doing squats but can ride stationary bike i read once on here before that someone had the same issue that working out was hard for them too with acid reflux . been through all kinds of test docs, er,. Im so tired of this, trying to change my eating habits. wish you the best

kiwibob replied to suzheart10's response:
Hi my name is Ray Digby . 79years of age . 15%,of one lung ,A bit over weight, wear braces, to stop me putting pressure , on my stomach, thus trying, not to force the reflux , back up through the stomach, and burning the orphosicus. I try and keep, my tummy soft, and not tight with wind or gas , or what ever, you wish to call it . . I try, and not bend over thus, causing my stomach, to push acid back up . . But the best, and most successful results , come from a complete and careful control on what and how I eat . So here are the following things I do , and have success with.
Don't drink coffee, or eat red meat, no fats, like pastry, chips, , refrain, from eating poison. Bread is poison, to you. It has yeast in it , and flour, is bad for you ,If I was you , I would start, by not drinking milk, going straight to vegetables . You should see a difference, immediately. If you have bad teeth, and have a lazy eating habit, change it . Take time ,to chew, and don't gulp, you food . Treat sugar, for what it is , a poison, to you . It ferments, in your belly, and that is gird. No ifs, and no buts, get it into your head , that these things I've told you, are the first step, in working out what is torturing you . I know , I too, have cried with the pain, I too have drunk, {Bi Carb Of Soda}. And belched the gas up. But that can burn , and be painful, Learn how to bring your gas up softly, slowly, don't force it up, don't use the bottom, of your stomach mussels, to force it up . Important!!!!!!!!!!!, make sure you have a good gentle bowel movement. You must enjoy it. Don't push, concentrate, on getting your bowel mussels, to work for you gentle . When you want to go, don't put it off , for ten minutes. Go!!!!!!!. Relax, do it naturally . . Now how to get your bum , working properly . Have a hand full of nuts . Peanuts, cashews, walnuts, If you have false teeth, and cant e3at nuts because they move around , do this . In {Australia}we can get a product, called {Polident Denture Adhesive}; You don't need much, just three drops on the top, and bottom plates, and you will need a crowbar, to move them . It took me twenty years to learn that ,
So don't forget it .Oh before, I forget, when you are sitting , down, in a chair, be it a lounge chair, or car seat, make sure you are not putting pressure, on the lowest, part of your stomach. In other words, make sure your knees, are not higher, than the bottom , of your belly, thus, putting pressure, on your belly to force the gas up wards . Don't use {Nexam}. It plays up with, some people, and makes them heave as if they are trying to throw up . . You are obviously, on the internet, to be reading this, so Google { WebMD} that's spelt right , so don't play with it . Find your way around the programs, ignore, advertising , you are there to learn . Find out about your medicine, always!, go into comments , particularly, on your medicines . Don't worship, doctors , they are all the same , they all push the same crap. Treat your advice, and your pills with knowledge , and respect. Some of this stuff if worse than the sickness . Keep , an open, mind , don't be smart, after all you would not be here if you new it all , now would you . ? So summing up. Go straight to streamed , veg's, after two days ,doing what I have suggested, you can then advance further, with the bits you have picked up .Because I may not go back to this page ever day, I will give you my email address. If you play around with me, I will just block you, so don't waste your valuable time . I do know, a lot more this may just be the start , {raydigby16@gmail.com.au } Have a good one .kiwi P/S in the subject column , put about my post on Gerd. That way, I wont throw it out because I don't know you .

kiwibob replied to suzheart10's response:
working out can, and will, cause problems, with {Gerd}. squats, forces the gas, back up from your belly. take a tablet that keeps it down , not letting it up, where it can hurt you . Try {Pariet 20mg}. don't let doctors, push you around .Every body, is on the make . Getting backhands, from the manufactorers. read my post to you and reply . Ray

sucatp responded:
I don't know if you are still suffering.But if you are, get tested for food allergies. I had bad GERD that omeprazole and carafate helped a little.Symptoms were awful nausea, bad taste in the mouth and the "food stuck" feeling in the throat. I had my diet pared down to the most bland stuff. Lost 28 lbs from the nausea. I had multiple tests for everything else all neg.I did have some mild chronic inflammation on the scope biopsies.I asked dr to change meds.Pantaprazole helped but finally I got tested for food allergies.. Only allergy was to ginger. Guess what I was drinking several days a week to try and settle my stomach. Ginger tea! It's the only thing I didn't pay attention to when I did my food diary.I learned you have to advocate for yourself. The med change and allergy tests were both my idea! Ask for other tests if you haven't had them.
Good luck to you. Ihope you are better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.