Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting off PPI, need moral support!
mircat360 posted:
I just started weaning off the PPI Zegerid. If anyone wants to start a support group and try getting off their PPI at the same time, lmk. I'm on Day 5 of 20mg/day (after being on 80, and then 40), and the acid backlash has been FIERCE, but I'm powering through. I've just been advised to take additional OTC acid meds to help the weaning process, which I will try. Also just had a very hopeful session with a homeopathic nutritionist/chef who gave me a tutorial on how to reduce acid naturally. Some highlights include the following emergency fixes for the current acid backlash: B-9/folic acid--can be taken together as a chewable B complex, lemon juice & water, 40 mg of astaxanthin, baking soda (1/2 tsp in water, but should not be used ongoing). Some other highlights: no corn/wheat/sugar/soy/caffeine. What you SHOULD eat: TONS of veggies, Himalayan salt, papaya, tumeric, pineapple, bone broth, bitters, yogurt w/active cultures, fermented veggies, miso, MCT oil, George's aloe vera juice, grass-fed butter, fennel, cucumber water, slippery elm, and kambucha or Kevida. Also she said beef is ok if it's grass fed--it's just corn fed that causes acid. I plan to follow her advice over the next few weeks... Sending good wishes to anyone suffering through the same thing...please write if you want to share tips and moral support!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm currently having very scary symptoms and I'm hopnestly frustrated. I have always been asthmatic but since October, I have been experiencin...More

Helpful Tips

Treat Gerds/ acid reflux naturally
I have this condition and it is getting worse by the day. After searching on the internet for natural alternatives to medicines, i found ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.