Skip to content
Is there anything that will help?
marylouise_ posted:
I am 19-years-old, extremely active and watchful of what I eat. For as long as I can remember, I've always had to be careful of what I am able to eat without having to suffer discomfort. I cannot eat any greasy, processed, fried, as well as anything high in lactose. I have also found that I cannot eat anything past 8pm without being woken up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my chest and upper ribcage. My remedies that had given at least some relief were liquid antacids and pepto bismol up until a few months ago.

Just recently I've had to become even more strict with what I am able to eat without having to pay for it later. A big difference that I've even experiencing is waking up with raging heartburn mid chest/upper ribcage, but also an immense amount of pressure that makes breathing a challenge (and scary). I also experienced pain throughout my spine, but centered around both shoulder blades. These painful symptoms have been lasting for up to 6 hours at a time, and I am unsure of what to do about them. If you have any ideas or experience with these symptoms, I would be more than grateful to listen and learn.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm a 24 year old female with Interstitial Cystitis, for which I have an InterStim Unit. I was diagnosed in November of 2008 after having 3 su...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.