Skip to content
Non acidic reflux?
iHEARThistory posted:
I'm entering sophmore year, and I just want it to be normal.

At the end of 6th grade, I went to the Philippines. WHen I came back, I started throwing up all over the place and I think I got diagnosed with acid reflux. I was given protonix, and that took care of the problem. At the end of 7th grade, it came back, so I got another prescription of protonix. (The doctor told me that if I wasn't regurgitating food, then I shoudn't take it, so I stopped.)

In 8th grade, I got anorexia, and boy, that was a miserable time of my life. For a while, I hadn't been regurgitating my food, but then it started again. I think it was acidic, but I can't remember. For some deranged reason, I was pleased that all my food was coming back up. Well, after recovering, If found it difficult to keep ANY food down. I heard it was because my stomach shrunk, but it the food I kept regurgitating was acidic. After taking antother round of protonix, the acid was gone. So, throughout all of 9th grade, I've been regurgitating food and have not been feeling any acid come up and burn my esophagus and wreck my teeth.

The doctor told me there wasn't anything he could do about it, since protonix only reduces acid, not the regurgitation. I feel as if I brought this problem on myself, and I don't know what to do. I can't keep even the smallest amount of food down (think: cracker with spread). Opinions? Similar situations?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am 24 years old. I got diagnosed with GERD and found out that I have a hiatus hernia in 2007. I also have migraines without aura and I may have a...More

Helpful Tips

After over ten years GERD is gone, here's how
I have been worried about being on Prilosec for over 10 years with all the bad things I hear about it. I wanted to try weaning off of it ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.