Skip to content
lesbian help
wannabesafe posted:
can someone please answer some questions for me?! i just need to talk to someone with hsv2 about dating.

infinaty responded:
Hi...i will try to asnwer some questions for you. I'm not an expert. I have HSV2....found out in oct. I have seen your post on the herpes website. What do you want to talk about? I can tell that you are very upset about this and i really know how you feel. I'm straight but i'm going through the same feelings as you are. I will help all that i can....even if you just need a friend to talk to.

wannabesafe responded:
hi thanks for replying! i dont mean to get all in your personal but are you dating someone who does not have hsv2? how do you keep your partner safe? i think we take necessary precautions but sometimes she makes me feel like its not enough. i have read all types of info saying that people are still having sex and living "normal" lives but we barely even kiss. im not trying to have sex only because it is still early in our relationship, but i would like to be affectionate. do you have any advice? also have you ever had an outbreak? what is that like? i have never had one.

infinaty responded:
Hi...i wrote you a long response back but i don't know where it went?????? I'm really pushed for time but will respond again tomorrow. Just wanted you to know that i was still hear. Real quick..go to the herpes website on here and read some of the questions that interest you. You can learn alot from that. Herpes is not transfer in your body fluids...blood, saliva or cum. If you go on meds, it will greatly reduce the chances of you passing it on. Get back with you later.

infinaty responded:
Are you still coming on here? How are things going?

wannabesafe responded:
have been here checking all the posts trying to find help. i know people who have herpes and are taking meds. if i have never had an outbreak before how do i know if i should take meds or not. will they prevent me from spreading it? i dont have health insurance, is taking meds worth the money if i have never had an outbreak?

infinaty responded:
Hey...i read your post on the herpes site. I hope that they give you some answers. When i did my blood test, mine was a low positive too. My gyn doctor said it was because it was a recent exposure. The only reason that i would take the meds is because if you take them, it decreases the chance of you speading this. Alot of people are saying that you can get them for about $20 a month at Wal-Mart. The guy that i see is also HSV2 so i didn't have all the problems like you do. Someone that i use to see about a year ago wants to see me again. He doesn't have this so i had to tell him. There is no way that i want to give this to him so i started on the meds today. I'm so scared to be with him. So, i know how you feel now. You can't pass this by kissing or oral sex if you have HSV2. You pass it by friction and heat in the genital area. Read some of the other post on there and you will learn alot. Will talk to you soon...i'm not going to leave you.

wannabesafe responded:
thanks alot for your help. i really appreciate someone giving me any type of advice. i will look into taking meds i think i can go down to public health bldg and maybe get some type of free consultation. now i have been very concerned about sex. it is getting really tough on us to not be as intimate as we would like. we are going to look into dental dams. i dont understand if it cant be passed by kissing or oral, then how could i have gotten this? i know it is from another woman so i just dont understand. good luck with you and your guys. if the other guy from the past is still willing to be with you then i would suggest being very careful, but what do i know. good luck! talk to you soon!

infinaty responded:
I don't understand how you got it either. I think that we all wonder that. Some people on here have been with someone for 20 years and the suddenly have a breakout. I aked the question about shedding. That's how you transfer it. Read it and see the answer that i got from Betsy. It kinda explained alot. Maybe you can go on meds and that will help alot. I wish there was something that i could tell you. I did have a breakout but it wasn't anything like those people talk about. I guess i was lucky. I had sex with someone and we always get alittle rough. I was very sore for a couple of days and then i started feeling like i was burning on one side and it had swollen up. That's when i went to the doctor. I didn't have the sores everywhere like some of them had. Mine was painful. The guy didn't even know that he had it and never had an outbreak and still hasn't. I cried for 3 weeks and still have alot of problems dealing with this.I still haven't been with the guy that doesn't have it...i'm giving him time to back out. I wish that he would so i don't put him at risk. Hang in there and read my question about shedding...it will help some. Talk to you later

infinaty responded:
Hey again....i typed in Lesbian and herpes and there are ALOT of stuff on there.You can search on Yahoo or Google it.......go and find out something. Good luck!!!!!

infinaty responded:
Just checking on you...have thing gotten any better? Did you google the lesbian and herpes thing?

wannabesafe responded:
hey thanks for your help. i think i had my first outbreak i've been really sick and kinda down about it. my girl has been a great help though. its just hard for me to feel good because this is happening to me. i still feel pretty disgusting although she is trying to be there for me. how r u doing? is everything alrite?

infinaty responded:
I'm very glad to hear from you. Sorry about your outbreak. They do make you feel bad and depressed. Did you ever go on suppressive therapy? The first outbreak is the worst...so they say. I've only had one so far. Well, your girl is still there. That says alot. Remember that when you start to feel down. It will take awhile to get over this. Did you ever google lesbians and herpes? I think that those websites will help you. I went on suppressive therapy a couple of weeks ago. I just want to feel normal again. The guy that doesn't have this, decided that he wanted to be with me. I was so scared that he was going to act different but he didn't. I use to see him last year before i got this. I really wasn't crazy about the condoms but that's the way that it had to be. Things was still great between us. Since i went on suppressive therapy and we used condoms, the chance of him getting this was 1%. Let me know how things are going with you. I was starting to worry. Things will start to get better, you will see. I have good days and i still have bad days too. I really do feel better about things since i started the meds. Take care!

wannabesafe responded:
it's good to know things are going well for you and your guy. i plan to get suppressive therapy as soon as my health insurance kicks in. im waiting for approval from a govt program and i hope to find a doc who can get me together. i did google lesbian with herpes and am finding alot of helpful info. thanks again for your help and support. stay in touch..

infinaty responded:
Hey....glad that you are finally getting some answers. From what i have read, you can get your meds at Walmart for about $20 and i think that's without insurance. You can call to make sure. I hope that you are feeling better and your outbreak has healed. I hope that i never have another one. Keep in touch and let me know if i can do anything to help. It helps just to talk to someone that knows how you feel.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.