Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gay males, age and depression
coboyray posted:
I am a 64 yo Gay male. Also a chronic depressive, and pain med addict. Some of the depression is situational, my age is hard to meet partners, and I get very lonely.Used to hate hearing it; but guess as we age the bar social scene loses a lot of its attraction. Comments, help, suggestions? Tried the one nite stand dance but it is depressing; doesn't anyone take commitment serious these days?

Handytim responded:
some do take committments seriously...just have to find the right one

Ive been w./ the same guy for over 20 yrs myself,,,guess Im lucky

lifer0727 responded:
Have you tried joining an online dating site? There are many to choose from and some even cater to certain groups. If you're not comfortable with the idea of actually meeting someone you met online you can still find people to chat with who are in a similiar situation to yours and form some friendships. As with anything on the internet just be careful of what you reveal about yourself and careful of people looking for money or trying to access your personal information. Otherwise have fun, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.