Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help
9211971 posted:
I am 38 and in a lesbian relationship and have been with my partner for a little over a year. When we met, we were both looking for a long term monogamous relationship. She told me from the start that she had genital herpes, but has never shown any signs or symptoms. We have always been very careful, but a few months ago I got herpes on my thumb. I am wondering if I can develop subsequent outbreaks other places or if I will always have outbreaks just on my hand? I am also curious if we still have to be extra cautious when having sex since I now have herpes as well?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear 9211971,

I sure can understand you concerns. Unfortunately, we don't have a doctor or a health expert here on this Exchange.

How about reposting on the STD Exchange with Nurse Terri Warren? If you check out Her Profile , you'll see she has a link posted to a free herpes handbook which might be helpful, too.

Best wishes to you both,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.