Skip to content
Need help
9211971 posted:
I am 38 and in a lesbian relationship and have been with my partner for a little over a year. When we met, we were both looking for a long term monogamous relationship. She told me from the start that she had genital herpes, but has never shown any signs or symptoms. We have always been very careful, but a few months ago I got herpes on my thumb. I am wondering if I can develop subsequent outbreaks other places or if I will always have outbreaks just on my hand? I am also curious if we still have to be extra cautious when having sex since I now have herpes as well?

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear 9211971,

I sure can understand you concerns. Unfortunately, we don't have a doctor or a health expert here on this Exchange.

How about reposting on the STD Exchange with Nurse Terri Warren? If you check out Her Profile , you'll see she has a link posted to a free herpes handbook which might be helpful, too.

Best wishes to you both,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.