Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused!
FTBS86 posted:
I am a 23 y/o male. I have always been attracted to women and had sex and relationships with women. I have thought about have sex with a man here recently. I haven't been that aroused with having sex with a woman, i mean have had sex with a woman in the past few months, but it doesn't feel right anymore. I'm confused to whats going on. I'm saying its a negative thing, i just want to figure this out and go in a positive direction. Whether it be having relations with Male or Female and/or Both. If u have any advice please feel free to reply. I know ya'll arent gonna listen, but if u just want to reply on here to insult me and call me names, then dont reply. I'm here for advice, not to be subjected to others immaturities. Thanks.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear FTBS86,

No one here calls names or insults one another. Although our GLBTT community here is small, it's positive, supportive and tries hard to be helpful.

If you haven't already tried sex with a man, then it could be a case of being aroused by something "forbidden." Or perhaps you are discovering that you enjoy both genders and want to explore men. Or perhaps you're homosexual, and just now figuring it out.

It could be one of those answers, or it could be a dozen others. We can only make guesses because none of us here are professional therapists who can help you work through this. My suggestion is to talk this over with a gay-friendly therapist or counselor, and see if that helps you figure out what a good "next step" for you would be.

Whatever you decide is right for sure, make sure to surround yourself with positive-minded and supportive people. It sounds like you might have been put down by others in the past, and you deserve to be treated better.

Hopefully one of our members will pop in and drop you a line, too.

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.