Skip to content
need help
wiccacelt79 posted:
I have been in a same sex relationship for 7 years and I suffer with depression. My g/f has tried to be there for me but lately it seems as though she does not want to deal with it or even know how to.
We seem to always argue and I fear it will be the reason why separate.
She has gone to therapy with me and listened to me rant but after awhile I don't want to talk about it.
What can I do to keep us together?

MirandalovesCalen responded:
Keep going to therapy with her it wont hurt. There is some issues she got that she need help with. You rant and let her rant. It aint going to just blow smooth over night. Dont give up on a 7 year relationship.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Wiccacelt79,

I agree with Randi (Mirandalovescalen). All relationships hit rough times, and that's where you both really need to pull together. Definitely consider getting/continuing therapy indvidually, and think about couple's counseling together.

This isn't something you can do as an individual to keep together. Both partners need to be involved in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Byroney

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
How are you treating your depression outside of therapy? How do you let her help? What is it that you want from her that she isn't providing-has the therapist provided any feedback on how she could help?

This article has some good ideas with regard to depression and relationships. (It does have a hetero focus and divorce discussed-but really-you can apply it to your situation as well)

wiccacelt79 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am enrolled in school and work 40 hours a week. There are times where she badgers me about it and does not give me emotional support,
I am trying to find a new therapist.

MirandalovesCalen replied to wiccacelt79's response:
Wiccacelt79 please dont be a stranger it gets lonely here. Nobody but me, Contemplating19, Byroney, Raven, and Louise. We need company, lol.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to wiccacelt79's response:
Dear Wiccacelt79,

I'm glad to hear you're seeking a new therapist. I hope you find one that's a good fit for you soon.

I've worked full time and gone to college full time at the same time, and I know it's draining. It takes up your entire life it seems like at times. Have you considered what she's badgering you about? Maybe she'd like some of your time and attention.

As Randi says, let us know how you're doing,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.