Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Okay what now
MirandalovesCalen posted:
Okay I told Calen that we was breaking for a lil while. I dont know where I wanna be cause Im leaning both ways. Its like the odds is stacked against us. She dont want kids and I do. Ill never stop wanting one. And if she dont want one how we gonna live together with child that she dont want? It cant happen from my stand point.

Okay so then Im like I hope Im making the right decision. We done been together 8 years, how do you give that up? Then I think about her cheating, but then I go back to my what if.

I must be out my mind cause this is crazy. I dont wanna be with her but then I do.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Randi,

What you're feeling is normal--not that it makes it any easier. You have a long history together, and probably some pretty great moments along the way.

But as you said--you want kids and she doesn't. You remained faithful and she didn't. Those are two huge obstacles.

I think it sounds like you're making the choice that's healthier for you. I won't presume to speak for C19, but for me, being a parent is one of the hardest, yet most rewarding things I've done. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for the world.

Byroney

MirandalovesCalen replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
You a good dad Byroney!!! I still hope to have a baby one day!! I pray everyday to be blessed with a baby!!! I dont care about being a single parent I gotta enough love for 2!

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Randi,

I agree with you that many single parents do amazing jobs and it's nice that you have a choice now to "go solo" as a parent and don't have to feel like an outcast if you do. Whether you have a biological child or adopt, one day you will be a parent as long as you make it a priority in your life.

By the way, I'm female and so is my wife of almost 14 years. I know my name doesn't really clue you in--sorry about that!

Byroney

MirandalovesCalen replied to Byroney_WebMD_Staff's response:
Omg Byroney you got me with my shame face on!!!! Oh my God Byroney I feel so much more comfortable with you now, kwim!!! C- 19 still my road dog, he can be our internet brother! lol.

14 years wow thats a long time!! It takes devotion to make it that long so you have a good marriage I hope to have that with somebody special one day.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to MirandalovesCalen's response:
Randi,

No worries about the name. Trust me, it happens all the time. I bet if you write "Randi" on something, some people will think you're a guy.

As far as being more comfortable, hey it's why I like hanging out with this community. I hope you find someone who treats you with the devotion and respect you deserve. And, I hope you have at least one (but maybe more!) kid together.

Enjoy the weekend, and be careful not to bake if it's hot in your corner of the universe.

Byroney

Contemplating19 responded:
I had mixed feelings at first because I went from a bachelor with no kids to the single parent of a 10 yr old within 2 years.

There are times where I would like to be spontaneous and get up and leave for a weekend, but I can't. Then 20 seconds later... I realize that I am more fulfilled staying at home with my son. And that we can both leave for a weekend spontaneously. Sure, I can't go to Las Vegas, but we can go to Seaworld... and it's just as fun.

As far as you and Calen. I would end the relationship... not because of the infidelity (I, personally, believe that can be fixed). But, because you want children and she doesn't. That's a huge obstacle that you can't come to a middle ground on.

I am sorry that this happened to you, but you two did have some good years together. From your post it just seems as if she recently did this.

I always figured Byroney was a female, I just thought Byroney was the name of the horse in her avatar pic and/or her last name.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff replied to Contemplating19's response:
Dear Contemplating19,

Kudos to you on taking on the role of dad to a ten-year old within the time span of two years. It's great that the two of you found each other and have formed such a tight and loving bond.

I absolutely agree with you on there being no middle ground in the kids/no kids discussion. You can't have half a kid or be a parent half the time.

The horse's name is "Emmy."

Byroney

MirandalovesCalen replied to Contemplating19's response:
c-19 where in the h_ have you been you know you aint right to be acting like that! You better be on time next time or im cuffing you to the board! lol.

Contemplating19 replied to MirandalovesCalen's response:
You're a 30ish yr old police officer?

Wow...

I know you're a lesbian and all... and clearly you would only be with me to re-populate the earth if it were down to about 100,000.00 people but you're a very attractive lady.

MirandalovesCalen replied to Contemplating19's response:
lol omg you are so crazy! Where the heck have you been?? I missed you.

Hey you gonna laugh at this I started running alot to exercise and get my mind off thangs that happen with Calen. Okay so I gained a running buddy. A guy btw. Okay so I figured he didnt know I was a lesbian but I didnt really know him well so I didnt say nothing at first. Well lets just say it got to the point where I had to tell him.

He thought I was lying! lol. I thought it was funny cause he said "man how you gon be fine and gay!" I showed him a picture of Calen and he really almost died. He asked me could he be our "you know what" on the side. I laughed my a_ off.

And btw me and Calen called a quits and made it official. Im kinda bummed but there's still a love out there for me. I missed her like crazy though. She moved out and even though we was staying on seperate parts of the house its lonely without her!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.