Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Education Dept. Issues Warning on Bullying
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hey crew,

I found this article and I thought it might strike a chord with some of you. On October 26th, "More than 15,000 schools and school districts, as well as 5,000-plus colleges and universities, received a critical reminder Tuesday from the U.S. Department of Education: "To put it simply, in this country, we don't believe bullying should exist," said U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.

"To that end, the Department of Education's new guidance makes clear that some student bullying actually violates federal anti-discrimination laws that protect gay, lesbian and transgendered students as well as members of other protected groups." (This is not a WebMD site, and we cannot guarantee content).

Were you bullied in school because of being GLBTT? Do you think this note is a step in the right direction?

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a momma of two silly monkeys, Orion is almost 12 and Charlotte was born 11/5/10. I live in the Pacific NW with my partner of almost 11 years and ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.