Skip to content
Mardi Gras--How Will You Celebrate?
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Most of us aren't lucky enough to be able to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and celebrate in person. The good news is that no matter where you live, there's no reason why you can't join in the fun!

How about trying Cajun Sirloin Burgers? Spicy and meaty, you can add the sauce of your choice to finish them off "your style." Blended "mocktails" (alcohol-free cocktails) can help add to the festive flare and fun, without the concerns of drinking alcohol.

Trying to go a little lighter? Then try Randy Jackson's (of American Idol fame) Gumbo Ya-Ya Recipe . With less calories and being lower in sodium, it could be a more health-conscious way to slim down Fat Tuesday with your family and friends.

If you'd like a little Mojito with your Gumbo, but are worried about the calories, follow this link to learn a typical one has 214 calories for 8 ounces. You can also check out the calorie list for other common drinks.

Finally, there's the delicious, cinnamon King's Cake decked out in green, gold and purple (this is not a WebMD site, and we cannot guarantee content). Did you know by tradition that whomever gets the little plastic baby in their piece of cake, has to buy (or make) next year's King's Cake for everyone? That's a tradition you could have fun with, too.

How are you celebrating?

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.