• yes
  • no
  • maybe
  • if it feels good
vote
View Poll Results

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello An_241450 and thanks for posting.

This article on Anal Sex Safety says, "Even though serious injury from anal sex is not common, it can occur. Bleeding after anal sex could be due to a hemorrhoid or tear, or something more serious such as a perforation (hole) in the colon." Please see your doctor to find out the cause for your bleeding.

If you decide to have anal sex in the future, make sure to follow the tips in the article, including:

"Use plenty of lubricant to reduce the risk of tissue tears. With latex condoms, always use a water-based lubricant.

"Relax prior to insertion of the penis to help reduce the risk of tears. Taking a warm bath before anal sex or lying on your stomach may make insertion easier.

"Stop if anal sex is painful."

Let us know how you're doing,

Byroney

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Raven I'm 27. I'm bisexual I have a boyfriend and a girlfriend. If I had to choose I would have to pick my girl friend. She hangs the ...More

Helpful Tips

How Safe is Tattooing?
Our Skin Problems and Treatments Exchange Health Expert, Dr. Susan Evans discusses just how safe tattooing is. Besides learning there is ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.