Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Baby's Father Died
SpoiledBrat1990 posted:
My 2 year old son's father passed away 2 months ago by suicide. He hung himself. We were remaning friends for our sake and our sons. We were friends in high school, I miss him so much. We use to talk about everything together. I just didn't see this coming. My son thinks his daddy is sleeping. He doesn't really understand. By the way I have his only child. I was with someone else but after my sons fathers death, I really shut down for many different reasons. Im only 20 and would like to talk to anyone.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome,

I am sorry for your loss and it really IS a loss.... this was someone you had a history with, remained friends with and is your son's father. Allow yourself to grieve and find support where you can get it.

And feel free to keep talking here if it helps. (((hugs)))

mommy10777 responded:
I understand how you feel, my baby's father died a few months ago. He took pills, drank alcohol and then died in his sleep. we had just got separated but i loved him very much and i can't believe he isn't here anymore to see his baby grow up or to enjoy her with me ever again. She is just 9 months old now. It breaks my heart and i am very sad. It is really all I think about too! i look at her and she looks just like him. I know it's been a year for you but i hope things are better for you now, although i think this is something that you can never really get over. It is very hard.

A_Dobran responded:
My heart goes out to you. I lost my fiance and also the father to our only child to an accident just a week before our son was born. The driver of the car he was in had been drinking and took away the most important thing any son needs. I do have to say at least your son had met his father, no matter how difficult it is now, because in the long run that was a blessing. I wish you and your son the best and hope you are dealing better now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.