Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fathers suicide
gingersgirl4life posted:
my father committed suicide in our family home on 11-3-2006. And ever since I have been really really depressed but with the anniversary approaching for the fourth time I wonder how anyone looked at me, and said "It will get easier with time" or "Time heals everything" In my case it hasnt. And with minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years past I feel just as low as the night I heard that gun shot. I feel depressed and feel that no one really understands.

If you do, please respond thoughtfully.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

I am so sorry. With the anniversary coming up it must be that much harder for you. (((hugs)))

We're here and we're listening so talk here as much as you need to.

I'm wondering if you've had any kind of therapy to help you deal with all this....? This is a lot to process and you need and deserve some real support.

Cooch01 responded:
Hello Dear, Your father must have been depressed also. He needed something and didn't know what he was looking for. He of course had the best thing In the world If he had you a daughter .I know this because I have five children and there Is nothing better .My kids are what kept me alive when I didn't want to live. Now It's my God and my Grandkids.Seems like we never live for ourselves.Now It Is time for you to start a good life for a good family that loves you even the one you already have. Talking Is great therapy . And that Is why we see therapist .They are great listeners. That Is what they do and they don't judge you or talk about you to anybody else you can let It all go and It does help alot.So please do what I have done In the past to make It . See that therapist and let them listen use their klenex LOL. I did . This year I have lost my favorite two brother In laws one was In the family for over fifty years and I loved him so much.And three years ago I lost my Grandaughter she was hit from behind by a SUV while walking to school she was just 14 years old and just 10 years before that I lost my brother to Diabetis he was only 47 and my Mother and Father are both gone now I have lost so many people that I adored you never get used to It and It never gets easy but It Is a fact of life not one we like for sure.I have lost more family than that but I could go on and onSo hang In there baby doll and be thankful for all that you still have I hope you have a wonderful life ahead. God Bless

Spotlight: Member Stories

Putting me into words... To know me is to love me. I am not a complicated person; however people tend to complicate me because they misunderstand my ...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful