Skip to content
Fathers passing
jashaff27 posted:
Hi, my name is jess & i'm 20 years old last december (dec 4th 2009) I lost my dad, my best friend, & my idol..unfortunately it was suicide & i was the one who found him, i was always the closest to my father, we were just alike & had so much fun was very hard for me for a while, & has never stopped being hard but i got a lot of help when i met my fiance. But now that it has almost been a year its starting to get hard again. My fiance gets stressed because its hard to open up. How can I open up when i'm not a person to show emotions very well? Can you help? Thanks
ttomm1946 responded:
Hey Jess

A live grief support group helped me..Opening up to people who may or may not understand is risky....Because people who haven't been through it ain't got a clue..Thats why a group helped me so much.


Spotlight: Member Stories

My wife had many serious illnesses, and had even broken an arm and a leg last year. She came back from both injuries. I was her caregiver, and was abl...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.