Skip to content
Fathers passing
jashaff27 posted:
Hi, my name is jess & i'm 20 years old last december (dec 4th 2009) I lost my dad, my best friend, & my idol..unfortunately it was suicide & i was the one who found him, i was always the closest to my father, we were just alike & had so much fun together..it was very hard for me for a while, & has never stopped being hard but i got a lot of help when i met my fiance. But now that it has almost been a year its starting to get hard again. My fiance gets stressed because its hard to open up. How can I open up when i'm not a person to show emotions very well? Can you help? Thanks

ttomm1946 responded:
Hey Jess

A live grief support group helped me..Opening up to people who may or may not understand is risky....Because people who haven't been through it ain't got a clue..Thats why a group helped me so much.

Tom

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 47 year old married mother of two. I've been married for almost 23 years and our children are 20 and 17. We are very close to my family. We...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.