Skip to content
Have lost one to many now and not sure i can stay strong
suffriendo posted:
where could i even start I am 27 years old mother of 6 only 4 of which are still living and am recently widowed.
5 years ago christmas eve my oldest daughter was hit and killed by a truck of which i witnessed and gave cpr till ambulance arrived. Shortly there after I moved to juarez mexico with my husband our family grew and last year we lost our 1 month 7day old baby to SIDS. In August of this year after my now eldest living sons 6 birthday my husband was pulled from our car and brutally gunned down more than 80 times with ak47. me and the children watching in fear and anticipating the bullets in our direction. Now i am alone with 4 very small kids working nights to make ends meet and coming to the conclussion that i cant take it any more. I miss them all so and wish there were a way to be with them or see them feel them or hear them again. stupid thought i know. i am know realizing the only thing that kept me san losing my daughters was my husbands support and know with him gone my world has really crumbled. i feel the urge to be felt loved again but yet the thought of trying to move on seems out of the question like i would be cheating. my husband was very jealous and loved his kids so much i know he wouldn't want them to have someone else as a father. but my 2 yr old wants her daddy my son needs him. and my baby who was only 6wks at the time wont even remember him. Instead of the days going by and it getting easier its getting harder.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Suffriendo,

I am so very sorry for your losses and the manner in which your husband died. No wonder you're struggling. (((hugs)))

Your living children need you to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Your last losses were still so recent, that it is going to take more time and work on your part to find your way back to really living again.

Do you have any support? Do you have any family or friends you can lean on? Is moving back from Juarez an option for you at all (if that would mean being with supportive family)?

Look in your area for support.... community, churches, etc.

Take care of yourself, dear one, including of your physical well-being. Eat even if you don't want to, try and rest and exercise, and hug those children of yours.

Talk here if it helps, and try journaling and/or writing to your lost loved ones. Sometimes that can help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.