Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I lost my mommy
hersoldier posted:
I lost my mom a little over a month ago. She had a brain aneurysm and when they went to operate on it, it ruptured. She died on November 11th, only 4 days before my 21st birthday. I'm in the Army and I am currently deployed. So not only did I lose my mom but I can't even be with my family right now. I really don't know how to deal with this. What breaks my heart the most is that I have a 6 year old sister that now has to grow up without her mother. I don't know what to do. Everyone looks to me to be strong for them, and I know I need to be strong for my little sister, but my heart is shattered so I can't be strong all the time. It hurts too much to pretend everything is ok when it is absolutely not.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Hersoldier,

My heart aches for you, for your loss, and being unable to be with your family.

You can still be a presence in your little sister's life.... email, anything. You can be a guide and role model for her, in your mother's stead, for many years to come.

But you need support now. Feel free to keep posting here but also talk to any services available to you where you are deployed. Losing a parent is deserving of some real support.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You're right; it's not okay. (((softhugs)))

Be gentle with yourself whenever you can. And I bet there are others around you who have lost parents who may be able to support you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wife had many serious illnesses, and had even broken an arm and a leg last year. She came back from both injuries. I was her caregiver, and was abl...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.