Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dry Eyes
PaperLeaves posted:
I lost my daughter-in-law 09/26/10 in a car accident. She left my step-son and 4 little girls. I haven't been able to comfort them and have stepped out of the way to left her family step in and take over. They live 2.5 hours from here. I am screaming inside and very angry. Councilling made me angrier. I can't cry. My husband has been sick - he was in the hospital recovering from surgery the day I had to tell him about the accident. I drove my stepson to one hospital to see her body (I was able to say goodbye also) Drove hime home to tell the girls and then drove to another hospital to tell my husband. 20 years earlier he and my stepson lost his daughter to another car accident. I have a daughter that I love am very close to but my daughter-in-love was closer to me in personality. She was a "girly-girl" and appreciated the same sort of things. We haven't decorated for Christmas but have bought and wrapped gifts for everyone,

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear PaperLeaves,

I am very close to my daughter-in-law as well and can only imagine how painful this is for you. ((((hugs))))

Anger can be part of grieving. And having the holidays right now isn't helping, of course.

Don't discontinue counseling just because it didn't help just yet. But beyond that, keep taking it one day at a time, do what you can, let go of the rest.

Try and be there for your step-son, for each other, for those little girls, even from a distance.

Does your anger stem mostly from the loss itself or because her family have stepped in to support your step-son and the little girls?

Spotlight: Member Stories

well here it goes,my name is pam iam 23 years old and i just loss my first daughter anglea maire.she was 2 yaers and 10 months old her birthday is oct...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.