Skip to content
Dry Eyes
PaperLeaves posted:
I lost my daughter-in-law 09/26/10 in a car accident. She left my step-son and 4 little girls. I haven't been able to comfort them and have stepped out of the way to left her family step in and take over. They live 2.5 hours from here. I am screaming inside and very angry. Councilling made me angrier. I can't cry. My husband has been sick - he was in the hospital recovering from surgery the day I had to tell him about the accident. I drove my stepson to one hospital to see her body (I was able to say goodbye also) Drove hime home to tell the girls and then drove to another hospital to tell my husband. 20 years earlier he and my stepson lost his daughter to another car accident. I have a daughter that I love am very close to but my daughter-in-love was closer to me in personality. She was a "girly-girl" and appreciated the same sort of things. We haven't decorated for Christmas but have bought and wrapped gifts for everyone,
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear PaperLeaves,

I am very close to my daughter-in-law as well and can only imagine how painful this is for you. ((((hugs))))

Anger can be part of grieving. And having the holidays right now isn't helping, of course.

Don't discontinue counseling just because it didn't help just yet. But beyond that, keep taking it one day at a time, do what you can, let go of the rest.

Try and be there for your step-son, for each other, for those little girls, even from a distance.

Does your anger stem mostly from the loss itself or because her family have stepped in to support your step-son and the little girls?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have seen a lot of things in my young age (29) I have seen a lot of deaths I have help my Grandfather's hand and made him a special promise, the...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.