Skip to content
two haft years latter
An_198057 posted:
i dont know how.to quite crying.my wife died from drinking.at 34.i would bicth at her.and i was working many hrs.i told her only if i left her.only then would she quit.because then she would have no money.but i didnt leave her cause i loved her with all my heart.[i still do> i blame myself.if i only left her she would still be alive.how do u handle that

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome,

Your wife made her own choices and you don't really know whether leaving her would have resulted in a different outcome. I can understand why this is all so fraught with emotion and guilt for you.

It might really help you to discuss this with a therapist, to process the issues involved and your loss itself. Don't let yourself become another casualty of her drinking.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.