Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Suicide of Dad
AmyJ71 posted:
My dad killed himself the day after Thanksgiving. He had a history of depression and was released from the hospital from the hospital (for a non-depression condition) 24 hours earlier. A week prior he had been hospitalized for his depression and sent home with a list of suicide prevention numbers. Due to my Dad living very far away it was always hard to know how he was doing. I am unsure of the qualityof treatment hew was receiving.

What questions would you ask his psychiatrist?

Does the psychiatrist have an obligation to talk to us?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Amy,

I am so sorry for your loss and the manner in which it came about.

I am not a health expert (no one on this community is) so I encourage you to ask your questions about the psychiatrist on our Depression Community . Dr. Schwartz may be able to offer you some guidance. (((hugs)))

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost too many people in my life to count but the 2 that have affected me the most are my older brother who died in 2004 at the age of 32 and my...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.