I thought I would be a bit better by now but NO
Losing my husband has hit me so Hard
He was my everything as I was his.
Lung cancer killed him like his dad
smoked many yrs
Bless all of you who are in pain

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Dianrib,

I am so sorry for your loss and your need to be here.

8 months may feel like a lifetime when you're in this much pain, but the loss is still relatively recent. You were with him (I'm assuming) for many years and now he's gone and there are so many levels to missing someone, from the purely emotional to just not having someone there every day to talk about your day.

I'm glad you found us and hope you'll keep talking here. It does get easier with time and work on your part. Keep taking it day by day, keep taking care of yourself, be sure not to isolate. Going through the motions may feel really phony and empty right now, but it is what pulls you through.

Seek out reasons to smile and be good to yourself. And be patient with yourself and with the process.

ds0kc responded:
My father died Feb 7 2010 of a long battle with lung cancer. I miss him terribly. You are not alone in your loss. It gets better I think.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.