Skip to content
Father in Law
addesMAMA posted:
when my father in law passed away in december it was hard..
we live in WI and he lived in OK (fiance born & raised there)..i was actually notified via text msg, my cousin text said her condolences to us, i hadnt even known he passed, i called fiances mother, she didnt know anything about it (divorced when fiance was 2), 2 seconds later her phone was beeping in on another line, it was the hospital, yes Roy had passed on of a massive heart attack & seizure, she called us right back & said yes it was Roy, i instantly was at a loss of words, handed the phone to fiance & his mother tells him, he too is at a loss of words, we hung up with them and called his other siblings, they were just being told about their father via their eldest brother..its about 11pm now, I called my family & told them, they shared their condolences, now we have to start packin & getting things ready to leave town, I went into work & told my director first thing in the morning, were packed & ready to go by 3pm, the first snow of the winter is beginning, go to my mothers and say 'cya when we get back', fill up the tank & leave town, its snowing pretty good by now, all the way from Green Bay to Beloit we drove no faster than 45 because of road conditions, finally make it to OK, sleep for just a few hours before we need to get up & go to funeral home to make arrangements, everything went fine, meet up with all Roys family for the evening, enjoy the time spent with family and head to fiances childhood home to sleep!!
next few days went as expected..Funeral came & was a very nice one, time came to head back to WI..its been 2 months since our beloved Roy has passed & we miss him more and more everyday!! He was a very sweet, generous Man..fiance & I had Roys 1st granddaughter whom he adored so very much!! Im happy she got to meet him!! The first time she met him was March 13th & we buried him exactly 9 months later on December 13th! Roy would give anyone the shirt off his back although he hardly had the money to keep one on his own!!
..RIP ROY EDWARD SMITH..12.15.63-12.08.10..YOUR DEEPLY MISSED BY ALL!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Roy sounds like a wonderful man. How blessed you all were to have him in your life.

I'm so sorry for your loss, AddesMAMA. (((hugs))) Your post is a tribute to him.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a disabled mother of three girls (all teenagers) and little did we know our lives would all change on Aug 6th, 2009. We had just moved into a bra...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.