Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loss of Mom
Zeva10 posted:
I lost my mom suddenly last April. Despite it being almost a year I am still not doing well. I can be fine one minute and then something reminds me of her and I am crying. I have had no luck finding a therapist as most have either a closed practice or do not take my medicare and medicaid. I have BiPolar disoreder and am doing well with my meds etc but this loss has me scrambling still.

Dyanne48jj responded:
Hi zeva
Do not think that just because it has been almost a year that you should be 'ok' now. It is a very very long process, especially if the two of you were very close.

I lost my beloved Mama in 1999 and not a day goes by that I dont think of her and miss her terribly. There are still times I will think "i need to tell Mama.." or even think to call her.

If you have siblings or someone who was close to her as well, talk with them about your mom. Share stories and tears and laughter. Maybe plan that convo on the anniversary date of her death so that you can at least memorialize her with thought and memories. Just my opinion.

Personally I never got over the loss of my father or my mother, I finally was able to 'adjust' to them not being here and that works for me.

Take care of you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.