Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This is so hard and ut hurts so bad
djsgrannie posted:
My beautiful daughter left this world Dec. 21,2010. today is the first time that I have been able to address the issue. I was home alone and able watch the video of her life, and I cried uncontrollably. I try to keep it together for the sake of her siblings and her children.
Maria was 50 years old and plaqued with a myriad of ailments, she's had at least three heart attcks, COPD, High blood pressure and diabetes. She was a smoker since her teens. she cut down a lot but was never able to stop. even though her health was poor she worked part time and went to school at night. she sressed about everything all of the time and I believe she knew something that she didn't share with us about her health. As we look back we see her getting rid of her belongings, selling her furniture and preparing for what? we don't know. For her 50th birthday she took a beautiful professional portrait and before then she would run from a camera. The night before she passed, she went to dinner wih her best friends where i am told she had no signs of illness , pain etc. They all had a wonderful time. She and talked on the phone for two hours two days before shs passed away . Just fun, silly mother /daughter things. she said that she wasn't "feeling" christmas and was not putting up her tree. On 12/21 she sat on the side of her bed watching the news. Her daughter kissed her goodbye and left for work. when she returned her mom was still sitting there, slumped over, dead. Paramedics said she seemed to have died at least ten hours before. what happened, we don't know. So many unanswered questions. I don.t question God's will. but it hurts me so bad. Now all I think about is when and how I am going to die. It is scary!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am so sorry for your loss.

It's no wonder you're still reeling after such a devastating loss and that it's only now really hitting you. I'm glad you allowed the tears and even allowed the feelings. With that comes eventual healing.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other as you go through this, keep taking care of your physical health even though you may not always want to.

And I hope there is consolation in her daughter now. (((hugs)))

Be gentle with yourself.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a disabled mother of three girls (all teenagers) and little did we know our lives would all change on Aug 6th, 2009. We had just moved into a bra...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.