Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I lost my grandma on my birthday
emmilou21 posted:
Its been really hard the past couple of days. My grandma passed away on my birthday and its just hard to believe that she is gone. How long does it take to heal after something like this? I think about it everyday, i just cant stop. It hurts so much.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Emmilou and welcome to WebMD,

You don't say how long ago this occurred? I'm so sorry for your loss.

Allow yourself time to grieve and be patient with yourself and with the process. It's okay to think about it every day, it's okay to cry. And if it helps to talk here about how you're feeling, I hope you'll continue to do so.

Be gentle with yourself. (((hugs)))

larsstarscanary responded:
I would take that you lost your grandmother on your birthday as a good sign. I would have a celebration with her--tea and a cookie, or something like that.

I still miss my grandmother and she's been gone over 7 years now. I try to remember the comforting things she would say or her favorite sayings. I can still hear her voice.

My condolences.

larsstarscanary replied to larsstarscanary's response:
No, my grandma's been gone over 8 years now. Wow--I can't believe it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

All I can say about myself is that I am 50yrs. of age and just experienced the greatest losses of my life. I have made alot of wrong turns in the ro...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.