Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Losn Granny
mochachcolic posted:
My 94 y/o granny died on fri march 4, my children were devasted & we explained everything & they seemed to understand fairly well. My 6 y/o daughter just replied that she is very angry because she's gone but that very same nite that she passed my daughter startd to urinate in bed & hasn't stopped. I know its related to the death but i dunno how to ease the pain when i'm hurting also. Is there anything special to do or do we just let it run its course?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can feel the pain in your post.

I'm no expert but as a mom I'd be inclined to keep talking with her, but be sure that the communication goes both ways, that you keep hearing her. As you heal, she likely will as well. She may also be dealing with fears around death itself, whether that will mean she can die, you can die, etc., let her voice that.

In the meantime, consider getting something to protect the bed so this doesn't become a big deal.

The following link should lead to a variety of WebMD articles on how to help a child with grief:

Children and Grieving

Be gentle with yourself.

mochachcolic replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanx so much! Thats exactly what my mom said but still just checking just in case. My mom didn't think I would take it as well as I did. Because of my granny raising me my mom had me at a very young age so she was like my mom so my daughter took it very hard. I am happy to inform you that in a month she has stopped & is doing much better, she now understands that granny is in heaven with her sisters & brothers....she likes to talk about memories of her but in al she is doing very well. Thank you for all of your help.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mochachcolic's response:
It's really good to hear that she's doing so much better! Thanks so much for returning here to let us know. I often wonder. :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.