Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hope?
nell1989 posted:
Caprice, it's been a long time since I have posted on here but I wanted to come back here and post an update. For the past several months I have been trying to deal with the pain left from my aunt's death, almost 3 years ago. Things have been very tough, and made more complicated by the poor treatment I have received from certain people. I have spent the past several months in a deep dark fog, with moments of light appearing while I spend time with my niece. A few weeks ago I went back to the psychologist because I felt myself sinking. She saw that I was more stressed and restless than usual and suggested I look at a website called: healthjourneys.com
She told me that on this site you can buy guided imagery CDs to help with various issues. I started by downloading a free 15 minute clip. I started listening to this clip every day, and it actually seems to help. What I figured out is that there was still a lot of pain and sadness in me which I hadn't been able to allow myself to express. Listening to this clip helped me relax enough to let my guard down, and let the emotions out, that I've been trying to ignore. I wouldn't say that things are great now. But I finally feel like there is some hope left in this life. Like maybe one day I will be okay.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I have often wondered how you're doing, Nell, and I appreciate you returning here to let me know what's going on.

I am so glad you returned to your therapist and hope that continues.

And thank you for sharing that site with us here! I'm gonna take a look at it myself and may download something too. I'm sure it could be helpful to others as well.

I hope you will always keep updating us on your life. (((hugs)))

nell1989 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice. I never thought I would do something like guided imagery, as I thought that it was something that quacks and weaklings used. But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. And I'm so glad I tried it. I can't remember the last time I actually felt relaxed and not wound up, stressed out, and at the end of my rope. The first few times that the emotions started flowing, I thought I was losing my mind. But the relief that came afterward was amazing. I never knew crying could feel so good.
And I will definately keep coming here to post updates. You and this group helped pull me through some of the most difficult times in my life, and I thank you for that.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to nell1989's response:
Dear Nell, it really sounds like you are on your way to finally start healing. It's wonderful to see. :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married to a wonderful main since 05/2006. We lost our only child in 7/2010 to an accidental drowning. Our world has been turned upside do...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.