Skip to content
Lung Cancer took my mom
Thespababe posted:
I can sympathize with the lady who is having a hard time dealing with her mothers impending death. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer too and was given a very short time to live. Lucky for us she went into remission but was diagnosed with dementia. Approximately 4 years from diagnosis she started going down hill suddenly and died to my great surprise! Now, almost two months later I am no further ahead with my grief that I was the day she died. Mother's day weekend has been so hard. I feel like the light has gone out in me and I am merely a zombie. I am slowly learning to cope in some ways in others I am still a basket case. I fear I will never smile again. How do go on when the one person you adored and counted on and spent most of your time with is gone?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

Welcome here.

Two months is still a very short space of time to deal with such a loss, especially with Mother's Day in the mix. No wonder you're reeling.

You will smile again. Keep moving forward, take care of your physical health, take it day by day.

Be patient with yourself and with the process.

We're glad you found us. I am so sorry for your loss.

Spotlight: Member Stories

well here it goes,my name is pam iam 23 years old and i just loss my first daughter anglea maire.she was 2 yaers and 10 months old her birthday is oct...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.