Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lung cancer took my mom
Thespababe posted:
Thank for your support. Everyone thinks they know grief but until you lose that one person in your life that is irreplaceable, the light in your heart and the soul of your existence then grieving is whole other ball game. I have never felt such deep emptiness, I never stop smiling normally and now I don't. There are no words, no actions and no things that can ease my pain! So now I have to learn how to live without my reason for smiling. How? How or when will this happen? I am so lost I feel completely removed from who I was. I am holding my own but I just can't get over this deep sadness!

wifeofnamvet responded:
I am so sorry for your loss....I know how you are feeling, it is a long road....there was a song I heard years ago and it had these lines in it.......YOU DON'T KNOW SADNESS UNTIL YOU FACE LIFE ALONE,.....NO ONE KNOWS LONELY UNTIL IT'S CHISELED IN STONE..........i know all those feelings too well......keep talking here, people will help you, sometimes it takes a little while but when they do reach out you will find some comfort....I wish you well and your heart to heal....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a disabled mother of three girls (all teenagers) and little did we know our lives would all change on Aug 6th, 2009. We had just moved into a bra...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful