Skip to content
In a state of anger all the time
fibrowhyme posted:
I lost my stepson three years ago. He was with his godfather and they had a car accedent. For some reason my 8yr old stepson was in the front of the car. The godfather was driving to fast they went off the road and hit a tree. My stepson died quickly I am told and I pray without pain. After he died life spun out of control. My husband blamed me for asking for a break some time away. I blamed myself and I grieved alone. At the same time I lost one of my own twin sons. Not in death but the story is long and complicated. In trying to get my son help for a mood disorder I lost him. I hate myself often for not keeping my stepson with me on that school vacation day and I hate myself for making the mistake of going to the wrong people for help with my son.I am broken and will never be the same. When I tell my story about my bio.son either people are shocked at the mistaks made in my case or I find myself defending the fact that I am a good mother or I am told I have no reason to be grieving for my son not being with me. I get told "well at least he will grow up" my head know to be glad my son is alive and not dead like my stepson but my heart hurt all the same. I hurt for my stepson I loved him like my own and I hurt for my bio. son also. I can not help but worry if my son is ok and cared for loved and hugged.On top of all of this I have fibromyalgia and I am in physical pain all the time. I am angery at everything! My relationship is a mess in his grief my husband really hurt me in ways I can not talk about here or anywere. When will the anger go away when will I be ok again?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

I'm glad you found your way here.

You have lost two beloved people from your life, your son and stepson. While I understand that the situations are different, the loss is there for both. And the guilt.

I am so sorry for both. You have nothing to feel guilty for. I really encourage you to consider therapy to help you process all of this. You have a lot to sort out here.

And I hope you and your husband are able to move forward now and support each other. People feel, think and sometimes say some pretty awful things when they're in the midst of their own pain.

Be gentle with yourself and get some help. Anger is part of grieving but that doesn't mean you couldn't use some professional support.

fibrowhyme replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice.. I will think about what you have said about getting help.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to fibrowhyme's response:
You're very welcome, Fibrowhyme.

I hope you'll continue to feel welcome here and post when you feel the need, and also update us on how things are going for you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wife had many serious illnesses, and had even broken an arm and a leg last year. She came back from both injuries. I was her caregiver, and was abl...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.