Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Facing the pending death of my father
Bevep posted:
We just found out my Dad has leukemia and was told he has 3-5 months to live. How do I deal with this? You always know your parents are going to die, but how do you deal with a time line?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Bevep and welcome to WebMD,

I am so sorry for your news.

I am no expert and haven't faced quite this in my own life so I hope that others will be responding and sharing how they handled it.

One thing I do believe is that use this time as a gift when you, your Dad, and all who love him can say everything they ever wanted to say to each other. Spend as much time as possible with him. Give yourself that gift. And just be with him. There will come a time when you will be so thankful for this time, as painful as it is.

And be kind to yourself. Lean on others as much as you need to. (((softhugs)))

Spotlight: Member Stories

I lost my dad 3 weeks ago and it seems as if I just saw him in his casket right before the funeral. I am 52 years old and having a really hard time co...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.