Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Struggling with my Mother's Death
Anon_228672 posted:
I've been struggling with the death of my Mother (and who was also my best friend) since January 30, 2011. I've been through all the emotions - crying, guilt, depression, anger, fustration, etc. I am now experiencing dry mouth. I've been to the MD and blood work all came back fine. Went to the dentist and could not see anthing abnormal. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing anything similar and what they are doing about it. Also how do I go about finding a grief support group in my area?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

I am so sorry for your loss. That first year and well into the second can be so difficult. (((hugs)))

For a support group in your area, check out your local community newspaper and/or call your area's community services (or whatever it may be called in your area) to find grief support groups. Most, if not all, communities will have at least one.

For the dry mouth, have you changed medications or even supplements lately at all? Some medications are notorious for this. Between crying and allergies, for example, you may be taking antihistamines and that could be a contributor, but there are many other medications where this is a side effect.

Either way, talk with your local pharmacist about solutions. There are some products, I believe, which are made to help with this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I lost my dad 3 weeks ago and it seems as if I just saw him in his casket right before the funeral. I am 52 years old and having a really hard time co...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.