Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm new hoping for help
Anon_231457 posted:
My son died September 4, 2009 and it will soon be two years and I am worse not better and I see no point in anything not even life. I would never harm myself but all seems pointless. I have gained over 20lbs just eating junk I suppose I joined a gym but when Iwent there there was daycare and I saw the kids and fell apart as even though my son was 24 the child I saw looked exactly like him as a young boy. I can't work so no money and what little Ihad was spent on his illness that came three years before his death.... I'm just so lost.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

I am so very sorry for your devastating loss and can understand how seeing any children, particularly a boy that looked like him, would be upsetting to you.

Do you have any support around you in your family and friends? Please reach out to any and all of them and let them know you need help.

And look into your community for any grief support groups. They are usually free and can be a support to you. And please talk with your doctor; s/he may also know of therapists who provide help for little to no cost when there is such great need.

I'm glad you found us but I am so sorry for your need to be here. Talk here as much as you want/need. And journaling can also help.

(((((softhugs)))))

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tina I'm 20. I live in Portland Oregon. I moved here in 2005 from Phoenix Az. My father passed away a year later, , from a self inflic...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.