Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
another loss
beechl posted:
I lost my brother years ago my aunt two years ago my sister two months ago and now my mother is at the end stages of liver disease and dont have much longer.I have been strong through them all but im afraid my mother might be the final one that breaks me.How do you handle loosing all of your family and being the only one left?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Beechl,

I am so sorry for all your losses and for what you're facing now.

Please gather support around you... friends, look for support groups, etc. Sometimes we have to build that around ourselves so we can carry on.

Be gentle with yourself and keep talking here if it helps at all.

beechl replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
my mother is experiencing complications i know it is getting closer to the end and part of me wants to pull away from her because im scared of dealing with the loss i try to convince myself that she going to be OK but i know she not she is the last one of my family i have left that is an emotion that im not sure how to handle i think god everyday that i have my husband and daughter and when my mother passes i know i will get up an move on with the support of my husband and daughter but the pain of loosing my whole family will always exist deep inside me.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to beechl's response:
((((softhugs))))

I'm so sorry, Beechl.

One idea I like is that while our loved ones may die, our relationships with them never does. She will always be your mother, she lives within you too, and within your heart. That will never change.

beechl replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
my mother passed away yesterday I was with her when she passed and it didn't feel like it was really happening it felt like i was going to wake up from this horrible dream and hug my mom and tell her you wont believe the nightmare i just had and she would comfort me.today i got out of bed and told myself that i need to be strong for my daughter and in front of her i am but when im alone it hurts so much that i feel sick what i would give to hug my mother again! as tomorrow approaches i am thankful for another day and i know as each day passes the hurt will lessen i will never forget my mother but i know i have to move on but for today i hurt!!!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to beechl's response:
I am so sorry, Beechl. (((softhugs))) Even when we expect it, it doesn't change how deeply the loss is felt.

Be gentle with yourself and allow others to support you through this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

well here it goes,my name is pam iam 23 years old and i just loss my first daughter anglea maire.she was 2 yaers and 10 months old her birthday is oct...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.