Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    blueeyedsexygurl posted:
    My name is Jeanie and i have been treated with depression back in 1997. But even though i quit taking meds about 2years ago because i thought i was better but it seems that i am going back into depression. My dad died with cancer in 1997 and i watched him die infront of me. That hit me very hard and i really havent gotten fully over that. If anyone sees this give me any advice on this. my email is Thank you Jeanie
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Jeanie,

    I hope you return her to check for responses because those are given on the board itself.

    I'm sorry for your loss and for the ongoing depression. You say you are being treated but don't say what treatment...? Are you on medication? Are you in regular therapy? Therapy could really help you resolve the issues regarding your dad's death.

    Beyond that, you may want to post on our Depression community , but there's no need to post your email address.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    All I can say about myself is that I am 50yrs. of age and just experienced the greatest losses of my life. I have made alot of wrong turns in the ro...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to increase Font Size
    Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    13 of 27 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.