Skip to content
holidays are around the corner
ladybird81 posted:
With the holidays around the corner. I can't help but feel a little anxiety and sadness... This will be my first holidays alone without my partner. Does anyone else feel like this??? How did or do you handle the holidays???

wifeofnamvet responded:
Ladybird, first i'm sorry for your loss....I know how you are feeling....if you read my story , you will see that I lost my husband 11/29/09 so the first holidays ( 12/25/09) right after are a blurr....but the sadness really kicked in the last almost 2 years.....there is no more "we"...and it's hard to get use to...I am still dealing with it as you can see from my replies....I try to spend as much time with my family around the holidays because i don't want my mind to wonder into alot of sadness and it's definately not what our love ones would want.....alot of things are easier said than done....but i think we have to soak up the personality and goodness that our love ones were made of and it will pull us through it....please stay in touch here because this site is really comforting when needed.....I pray your heart can heal..

ladybird81 replied to wifeofnamvet's response:
wifeofnamvet- Thanks for your advice. This is something I will have to do alone. I have cut ties with alot of my family. I intend to spend the holidays with some close friends. It still hurts and you are right. There is no more "we" and that is something I am not used to. I still catch myself saying we alot. The hardest part for me are the nights by myself. That is when my mind wonders into sadness. I hope the sadness will ease up someday but for now I am nervous of the prospect of spending the holidays without them. I am sorry for your loss and I hope your heart will heal as well. Thank you for responding.

Spotlight: Member Stories

the year 2009 was an extremely bad year for me and my son. my brother passed away suddenly in march, followed by my other brother in october and then ...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.