Skip to content
I'm Back!
33Smiles posted:
Hello to everyone on the GL Board! I'm sorry I have not been around for a while. It has been a very long time. I think both with the new changes to the site that I didn't find as easy to use compared to the old way of posting along with everything else in my life, I ended up being away for a while. I have really missed this group here both for replying and sharing whatever helpful thoughts I have as well as for sharing things that come up in my own life. I have always loved being a part of this group and being here. I really have missed all of you including Miss Caprice and I am glad to be back. I'm still new to figuring out this new site, but look forward to jumping in and learning more about it.

This has been one of the hardest years for me with multiple things going on: health issues, job cut backs, dental surgery and complications with healing, had 3 losses this year in a two month time span (one was due to moving), and just a variety of things. I currently am looking for employment still, but it's encouraging that I have been getting interviews. I also am trying to get time to get started packing my apartment as I am having to move unfortunately in winter. Also, I have started working on my bachelor's degree with online courses. Thankfully with the job cut back that enabled me to get approved for funding that will fund my bachelors degree due to me not having income. So, in the midst of the hardship was a blessing as I otherwise never would have gotten approved with income and I can't afford loans. It seems as I look back at all the hard times in my life, there has always been some sort of a blessing that has came out of them. I'm working toward weight loss and being healthier and have started being more active and regular to the gym I have a membership at. With physical issues, I can't exercise as much or in the way I would want to, but I still love to walk and can go as far as I can and build endurance and keep making it farther. So, I'm keeping a "what I can do" attitude. Life has just been difficult and had a lot going on this year that again has been the hardest year I have had so far. I really have missed being here and am glad to be back finally.

How is everyone? I don't know if any of the regulars are still here from back then other than Miss Caprice, but if so please let me know how you are doing! and a Big hello to everyone else that may be new here, glad to have you here and welcome. Caprice I'm so happy to see you still here! Wonderful!

Smiles to everyone...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey there, Smiles, it's good to 'see' you! I've wondered how things were going and it sounds that, though it's been difficult, YOU are doing much better.

I love that you are finding silver linings in even the hard times. That's huge. Thank you for sharing that encouraging message with us here.

33Smiles replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Caprice,
Thank you. I subscribed to this forum, but it did not email me letting me know anyone had posted or replied, do you know how I can update that?

I do hope to stick around more often, its just been a tough year, have missed everyone. Does peggy still post?

I'm also still getting used to the new board...is there any general help forum with a walk through or tutorial or anything...some of it is difficult to use and everything from my former screenname account (Same as this one 33smiles) is gone.

Thanks much.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to 33Smiles's response:
Hi Smiles,

There's no general info board but there is this slideshow (just know that some things have changed since that slideshow was created):

How to Use Community

Regarding the email digests, be sure you have joined or bookmarked this board. However, if you still don't receive them, be sure that your own email program is not blocking anything coming from WebMD_Community@webmdmessage.com

No, Peggy doesn't post here anymore and she is missed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have seen a lot of things in my young age (29) I have seen a lot of deaths I have help my Grandfather's hand and made him a special promise, the...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.