Skip to content
46 yr old, suffering from severe depression and anxiety and PTSD
Eurolady posted:
I am married to a pilot, who 3 months ago told me that he wanted out of the relationship, I am more depressed than ever and i don't know how I am going to face next year...I just want to sleep and never wake up again..I am isolated, my family is in Europe..any words of advice?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Eurolady,

It's a few days later and the holidays are behind us now... how are you doing? I know they can be particularly difficult when there's been any kind of loss, including the loss of a relationship.

But here you are, on the other side of them. You can get through this and spring is around the corner.

Isolation, as you've realized, is your enemy. Find ways to connect with your family in Europe... on facebook, with Skype, in email, any way you can. If you can afford to go see them, do that.

Do you work? If not, and if friends are also scarce, consider volunteering in your community and/or starting some hobbies. Anything and everything to get yourself out and reconnecting with others.

The end of a marriage is never easy so allow yourself time to get through this. If you need help, talk with your doctor and/or consider therapy. Talk with any friends you have and let them know you're struggling. And take care of your physical health each and every day even though you may not now see the point. That means getting up, showering, maybe going for a walk, eating healthy, not drinking regularly, etc.

Little by little, you'll get through this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 47 year old married mother of two. I've been married for almost 23 years and our children are 20 and 17. We are very close to my family. We...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.