Skip to content
loss of husband
gweneeyore posted:
Loss my husband to cancer, 4yrs ago.. I have never grieved for him, I can't even remember them removing him from our home. I cared for him the last 9 months before he passed. We had been thru 2 heart attacks, hip replaced 3 times, lung removed due to cancer, told he would be OK, he died 11 months later... I have not been able to "move". He was my sole mate, I cared for him thru those last 9 mths at home... I miss hime so much, I think of him all the time, I still live in the home he grew up in. We where together for 18 yrs. My life fells like it has fall apart. For along time I didn't want to go on, but the thought of my grandchildren has kept me going. I have my own medical problems, but lately I can't remember even the smallest things from my past.. I don't remember his wake, the funeral, him being taken from home after passing. I just want to be happy again......... Why can't I get pass this?????? Until I started writing this down, I haven' t even cried, but this has brought the loss back... Is there a reason I can't let go? I am very good at not letting anyone into my life/world. I can smile on the outside... But I am short tempered, can't remember things from past (childhood), last 4 years, last year, last month, last week.... Does anyone else have this kind of life or had. I don't talk about my loss with anyone because I am afraid to talk about this, (most family and friends seem to just move on) WHY CAN'T I, I LOVE AND MISS HIM SO MUCH....

wifeofnamvet responded:
gweneeyore...I am so so sorry for your loss....it has been 2 yrs. for me and i cannot let go...i was married 37 yrs to my best friend...we shared everything together and my son is the only thing that keeps me standing...it is a hard and lonely road and grief is very cruel, it is like a roller coaster of emotions......there is help here...a very special person has helped me on this site....i wish i could tell you how to live around your pain, but i have yet to figure that out myself....i look forward to talking with you....i pray your heart can heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

well here it goes,my name is pam iam 23 years old and i just loss my first daughter anglea maire.she was 2 yaers and 10 months old her birthday is oct...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.